So far, so good. An absolute normal beginning to what seems like an amazing year! This is the 3rd full day into the new school year, and I am returning after a year in corporate America.... but I am glad to be back at my Atlanta Public Schools home.
Friday, was our music teachers meeting across the entire district. There I received valuable information, met our new music coordinator, Sarah Womack, and I've also met new music teachers, and reconnected with ones I have known. I have to say, the room was filled with mostly newer music teachers whom I never met before. Our day of pro. d. was at North Atlanta. I have to say, that was my first time visiting this newer updated campus!
I wanted to mention 2 things about our first day back to school. 1, my room was in better shape, meaning many boxes were cleared out, and I had the chance to get my room decorated. I visited Saturday and when I went, I had a very powerful spray that was needed to freshen it up to the max, and many things from my garage to decorate the room. Mainly, I was concerned with organizing the music room. Even today, I was still adding those personal touches to my room. The music decorations part will come, but I prefer the to put music info up after the kids pretest ( because all the answers are on the decorations!! Haha).
The 2nd thing I wanted to mention, was our principal, Ms. Perry tasked us all with an assignment in our first meeting to meet 2 staff members and tell one fact about each person. Well, I met so many, but what was funny, several staff members mentioned meeting me! And they had nice things to say. I found myself going, "Wow! I told these people some very key bits about myself!"...lol
Lastly, I am still getting my purchases ready for instruction. I will return after I have met my students. Enjoy some before and after pics of my classroom. The blur comes from creating pics from vids.
Friday, was our music teachers meeting across the entire district. There I received valuable information, met our new music coordinator, Sarah Womack, and I've also met new music teachers, and reconnected with ones I have known. I have to say, the room was filled with mostly newer music teachers whom I never met before. Our day of pro. d. was at North Atlanta. I have to say, that was my first time visiting this newer updated campus!
I wanted to mention 2 things about our first day back to school. 1, my room was in better shape, meaning many boxes were cleared out, and I had the chance to get my room decorated. I visited Saturday and when I went, I had a very powerful spray that was needed to freshen it up to the max, and many things from my garage to decorate the room. Mainly, I was concerned with organizing the music room. Even today, I was still adding those personal touches to my room. The music decorations part will come, but I prefer the to put music info up after the kids pretest ( because all the answers are on the decorations!! Haha).
The 2nd thing I wanted to mention, was our principal, Ms. Perry tasked us all with an assignment in our first meeting to meet 2 staff members and tell one fact about each person. Well, I met so many, but what was funny, several staff members mentioned meeting me! And they had nice things to say. I found myself going, "Wow! I told these people some very key bits about myself!"...lol
Lastly, I am still getting my purchases ready for instruction. I will return after I have met my students. Enjoy some before and after pics of my classroom. The blur comes from creating pics from vids.







No comments:
Post a Comment